Another year – another Grammy Award show …
Ho – hum.
But wait! There have been some great moments over the years in music’s equivalent of the Oscars. Not many yet enough to compile a Top Ten List …
Without further ado, here is that list which has been sealed in a milk carton on Quincy Jones’ porch since eight o’clock AM on Saturday the 14th of May 1992.
10. Johnny Cash and Bob Marley singing a tribute to Lawrence Welk while sitting in tiny plastic bubbles.
9. Micheal Jackson sitting on Bubbles while singing a medley of Cash and Marley’s tunes …
8. Richard Harris serenading Betty Crocker in the rain while eating cake.
7. Milli Vanilli’s outstanding vocals on a vignette featuring Marcel Marceau acting out the stars of the British Invasion.
6. Ozzy Osbourne caught on television wandering incoherently down the aisles looking for his seat …
5. John Denver and Bob Denver singing the theme to Gilligan’s Island in a hilarious attempt to revitalize both star’s careers!
4. Don Ho and Wayne Newton’s homage to Las Vegas while the extras from Elvis movies took center stage in a tear – jerking, show – stopping moment.
3. Jack Pallance doing one – armed push-ups on Willie Nelson’s hat!
2. Bob Dylan accepting an award for ‘Best Spoken Word While Wearing a Hat Gospel Album’.
1. Cher taking the stage in error – later explaining she misheard the *winner’s name over the P.A system.( *The Red Hot Chili Peppers later forgave her).