You see it all the time …
Artists sticking around past their prime. Not knowing when to put the guitar case under the bed for the final time.
As the end draws near, there are signs.
Signals, omens – call them what you will, there are obvious indications things are not going that well.
Here now are …
THE TOP TEN SIGNS YOUR MUSIC CAREER MAY BE OVER!
10. You start to carry the roadies’ suitcases.
9. Your manager puts you on hold to negotiate the sale of your amps …
8. Your ‘ light show’ consists of a lava lamp on top of a stool.
7. Your publicist buys your amps for his new clients.
6. Your ‘new’ tune is the number one selection at the old folks home during ‘reminisce hour’.
5. You are number six on the list of ‘best selling music of dead people.’
4. You own a restaurant / bar and the guy who books bands won’t hire you.
3. Your coffee table book is now being sold as a coffee table.
2. Your kids ask you to not sing Happy Birthday to them!
AND THE NUMBER ONE SIGN YOUR MUSIC CAREER MAY BE OVER?
1. Your ‘big hit’ is used for Donald Trump’s campaign theme!