The scene …? Brutopia.
The place …? Downtown Montreal.
The feeling in the air …? General malaise and spookiness.
The reason …? Hallowe’en!
A shiek on drums, a nun on bass, a conehead on guitar, a giant – sized man of Haitian descent on vocals and a straight – unabashed Mexican on the congas …
The name of the band? Kebeko …
The type of music? Caribbean – led, in your face, rap/ r and b / rock dance type stuff. The assorted ‘ghouls ‘ and boys boppin’ til three am. At one point, a gay pirate / Keith Richards leading a harmonica – charged finale worthy of an encore laden with power.
Enjoy through the eyes of Captain Jack Sparrow …
Please stay tuned for part two of my interview with Sass Jordan …
- Eighteen Year Old Keith Richards’ Letter to his Aunt (keenemusic.wordpress.com)
- Devilled Quail’s Eggs for Hallowe’en (lukehoney.typepad.com)
- A Haunting Experience – Pervasive Gaming in Cardiff (visitwales.co.uk)
- When Keith met Mick (larkalong.wordpress.com)
- Dinner tonight: Roast squash with cavolo nero (thetimes.co.uk)