You love ’em – you hate ’em …
You know – that Grammy- winning, appear- with- Mick Jagger-on-SNL bunch of guys and girls. The band who caused such a publicity stunt with the release and subsequent appearance to support their new album under an assumed name?
Ya – that’s the ones …
Have they gone too far? Have they ripped a page from the television show Happy Days and decided they can do no wrong? Have Arcade Fire set up a ramp in Arnold’s parking lot and allowed themselves to ‘Jump the Shark’? Possible without a motorcycle as a vehicle …?
Here are the Top Ten Signs indicating as much …
10. Adding the 40th person on stage because they lacked ‘depth’.
9. No matter how popular – asking arcades all over Montreal to set ‘fire’ to the place as a ‘promotional stunt’ – a little much …
8. Adding a Kazoo to their list of musical instruments which already includes guitar, drums, bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass,xylophone, glockenspiel, keyboard, French horn, accordion, harp, mandolin, and hurdy-gurdy – a little presumptuous!
6. Three Words; NO BROWN M&M’s!
5. Writing for The Hunger Games? What’s wrong with True Blood?
3. ‘Reflektor’ spelled wrong …
2. No matter what – ‘you DO NOT sell a church !!!!
and the number one sign Arcade Fire may have ‘Jumped the Shark‘?
1. Butler should have appeared with Mick Jagger FIFTY YEARS AGO!!!!
- Arcade Fire On SNL: “Reflektor,” “Afterlife,” And “Arcade Fire Or New Featured Player” (stereogum.com)
- Arcade Fire Debuts New Music On ‘SNL’ Premiere – Watch (hollywoodlife.com)
- Song of the day: Arcade Fire wows with Reflektor (masmusicblog.com)
- Did you see the Arcade-Fire-at-Salsatheque TV special? (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Céline Dion says she’d like to team-up with Arcade Fire (blogs.montrealgazette.com)