YUK YUK’S CABARET OPENS Oct. 3, 4 & 5 –
YUK YUK’S CABARET: Renowned Canadian comic, Dave (Kids in the Hall) Foley headlines the inaugural week of Montreal’s newest stand-up comedy club. English shows Thursday through Saturday (2 on Sat.) with an all-French line-up every Sunday. $25. Doors open at 7pm; show time 8pm. Saturday shows at 8 & 10:30pm.514-770-7773 or http://www.ticketpro.ca
Oct. 5 – CUBAMANOS: From Manzanillo, the cradle of Cuban music, comes a new, high-octane 16-member group, including dancers, specializing in Rumba and Salsa. With authentic instruments, vocals reminiscent of Celia Cruz,
and contagious energy, it’s the best night out in town. Dinner show or show only available. Dinner at 6:30pm; show
time 8pm. Video sample. Various ticket prices: 514-770-7773 or http://www.ticketpro.ca.
Oct. 7 & 8 – MASTER CLASSES with MIA MICHALES: The Emmy award-winning choreographer who has worked with Madonna, Gloria Estefan, Prince, Celine Dion, Cirque du Soleil and more, returns to Montreal to give two classes:
Intermediate/Advanced Oct. 7th at 6:30pm and Pre-professional/Professional Oct. 8 at 10am. Dancers $40/class.
Observers $15/class. Video sample. 514-770-7773 or http://www.ticketpro.ca.
Oct. 13 – OPERA TANGO & GRAND BAL: Quebec composer, Denis Plante, brings Argentinian J.L. Borges’ story, The Forbidden Library, to life in a tango opera. Jutra-winner, Sébastien Ricard, plays 7 characters to music by Tango
Boréal (Denis Plante on bandonéon, David Jacques on guitar and Ian Simpson on bass). Opera at 7pm. Introductory
Tango lesson 8:15pm. Tango Ball with open dance floor & featuring guest exhibitions and previews of upcoming
Tango shows at 9pm. Video sample. Various ticket prices: 514-770-7773 or http://www.ticketpro.ca.
Oct. 10 – CLAUDETTE DION SINGS PIAF: Claudette Dion, sister of celebrated Celine, along with four musicians and two singers, pays tribute to the great Edith Piaf on the 50th anniversary of her demise. Jean Sebastien Lavoie is the
featured guest for selected duets. Dinner show or show only available. Dinner at 6pm; show time 8pm.
ticket prices: 514-770-7773 or http://www.ticketpro.ca.
Oct. 11 – IMAGINE: THE TRIBUTE:
Marcus Cahill revisits the 60’s and 70’s through the music and life of the iconic
singer-songwriter, John Lennon, performing everybody’s favorite Beatles and Lennon hits. Dinner show or show
Dinner at 6:30 pm; show time 8:30pm. Various ticket prices: 514-770-7773
- I dream of Celine (diphere.com)
- Celine Dion Returns to the Spotlight (kingsthings.ora.tv)
- The next Celine Dion (christiandiorshoponline.wordpress.com)
- Will Celine Dion delay Las Vegas return resulting from pleased child news (miumiuofficialwebsite.wordpress.com)
- Tango Introduces Fast Chat Into Its VoIP and Messaging Application for Android (trutower.com)
- Britney Spears’ Vegas Show Bombing At The Box Office: ‘Ticket Sales Are Way Lower Than Expected…It’s A Disaster,’ Says Insider (radaronline.com)
- Astor Piazzolla Tango talk kicks off Latino Heritage Month (tangocritica.wordpress.com)
- Celine Dion makes her debut on Twitter (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Losin’ It to Celine Dion (notthehardestpart.com)